Tuesday, August 7, 2012

About Time

It has been a while.......  I decided it was time to give an update on the boys that used to be known as "rescue" horses!  Lucky and Jon Boy will have been here 9 months as of August 12. Charlie has been here a year on that same day.  I doubt if you saw Lucky in the pasture you would think that he was the same horse.  For comparison, you might want to scroll down to the November posts just to remind you what a sad case he was.





I took pictures of both sides of Lucky, because if some of you saw him without the white marking, you might say, "No, way!"  But it is way, and you can see what a beautiful horse  he 
is.  Look at his beautiful smooth coat.  Amazing what proper nutrition will do.  When it cools off a little (a lot) and it quits raining, it will be time to work him in the round pen.  He has learned not to kick, thank goodness.




The picture above is of sweet, sweet Charlie.  He is sweet, until he thinks he can sneak Lucky's food and I won't catch him.  He is lovely and very eager to please.  He has gotten over some of his shyness and jumpiness.  I expect that he will become my riding horse, that is if I ever decide I want to do that again.  


And, finally Jon Boy.  Jon has settled down nicely, after his trip to UT Vet hospital.  He is now a gelding just like all the rest.  The amazing horse lady has worked with him a lot and thinks he has a lot of potential.  He no longer looks like a pregnant mare and although he wants to be Boss Hoss, he is still second to the old man, Dillon.

Hope you enjoyed he update.  I have been watching for twin fawns to photograph, but so far, Mom has kept them out of site.  Maybe next time.



No comments:

Post a Comment